Innovating To Increase The Effectiveness Of Internal Audit
November 2 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am| IIA Toronto Chapter Members - $212.00 (inc. HST) Non-Members - $250.00 (inc. HST) Students – Free If A Valid Student ID Card Is Presented At Event
This session will provide an overview of the future of internal audit leveraging Deloitte’s global Chief Audit Executive study published in 2016 which focuses on the innovation and change that internal audit functions must envision and embrace in the future to remain relevant. The session will also highlight global insights on innovation in Internal Audit including creative use of analytics and the rich combination of data science disciplines focused on enhancement, automation in the audit process, continuous improvement in reporting results and overall focus on an agile service delivery.
Lastly, there will be a facilitated and interactive group work session focused on design thinking. This will address how we can innovate in our current roles within internal audit in order to work better, faster, and to have greater impact to serve our business partners.
- Obtain an understanding of the current global landscape of innovation in Internal Audit and anticipated changes leveraging Deloitte’s 2016 Global Chief Audit Executive Study
- Overview of innovation that is happening in Internal Audit organizations globally and practical use of analytics, reporting tools and technology to be more effective and deliver a better audit
- Obtain an overview of robotic process automation for the 3rd line and automated control testing, including criteria for assessing good candidates for automation
- Review practical uses cases of analytics in Internal Audit leveraging commonly available tools and technology
- Strategize and develop action plans to innovate today to improve the value, quality and effectiveness of your audit
Speakers - Tabish Gill, CPA, CA, CISA, CITP – Deloitte & Arshad Majeed CPA, CA – Deloitte
Tabish Gill, CPA, CA, CISA, CITP
Tabish is a Senior Manager within the Risk Advisory practice in Toronto at Deloitte with a deep focus on delivering internal audit, risk consulting, risk management and compliance solutions to financial institutions, public sector and retail organizations. Tabish also led a number of projects in the areas business and IT regulatory compliance, risk management advisory, Co-Sourced and Outsourced Internal Audit, quality assurance / peer reviews, SOX 404 and internal control certification, due diligence services for mergers & acquisitions and as individual projects resulting from major organizational changes, implementation of new and emerging technologies, or reliance on third-party service providers. Tabish’s experience also spans leading internal audit function with a focus on transformation and innovation to deliver greater value and enhanced risk management for the organization in the absence of formalized three lines of defense.
Tabish is a Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant and also holds the Certified Information Systems Auditor and Certified Information Technology designations. Tabish is a frequent speaker at IIA and ISACA learning events on the topics Risk management and Governance topics specifically those that involve technology and internal controls transformation.
Arshad Majeed CPA, CA
Arshad is a Senior Manager in Deloitte’s Risk Advisory practice. He has over 12 years of experience serving clients across a number of industries in the areas of internal audit, data analytics and large-scale organizational transformation initiatives. Arshad has helped develop and is currently leading the data analytics execution strategy for internal audit analytics for Deloitte Canada.